WHAT WE OFFER
1. Bed & Breakfast with Tailored Supports & Activities
This service Better2gether 'B&B' - with tailored supports and Activities - Provides services Under the Support Item described through NDIS - Short-term accommodation. This service is offered at Ocean Grove to provide short-term breaks and the opportunity to develop skills outlined in the NDIS plan such:
- Socialising with peers
- Support people to have time away from their usual routine or home environment
- Develop social skills
- Support and implement outcomes in the participant's plan
2. Supported Holidays
Do you want to go for a weekend escape or a week away?
Queensland, Adelaide, Sydney, Darwin. You name the destination, and we will tailor a holiday for you and some friends.
Better2gether have experience in designing a holiday and supporting people to have a great time while working towards their goals, Jay and Marie both have extensive experience in this area.
Why restrict your social and recreation support items or overnight breaks to a respite house when you could have them provided at better2gether B&B in Ocean Grove or on holiday, your cost will be very reasonable and competitive through 'Better2gether'.
Some holidays we have provided:
- Darwin for five nights in an apartment, swimming and exploring the sights
- Phillip Island for a long weekend in a holiday house took in the sights, beach and fun
- Camping in tents at Lorne, Port Fairy - outdoor cooking, water sports and sharing stories around the camp site.
- Queensland for five nights.
3. Community Participation – Individual or Group Supports
These are supports provided on weekdays, during the week or evenings. The purpose is to support you to achieve the outcomes in your NDIS plan.
Results might include:
- Developing skills to volunteer or work
- Development of communication skills to increase opportunities to develop friendships or talk to people appropriately
- Developing a healthier lifestyle and these could also be incorporated in Supported Holidays and B&B Supports.
- Funding of these services is under the line item, Participation in Social and Civic activities.
Under this service, Better2gether will consider the employment of someone the participant may choose to support them. The employment of someone of your choice is considered if the employee meets the expectations and the values of the Organisation. They must also have their first aid and Certificate III in Disability Services (as a minimum.)
Better2gether do not charge travel unless pre-arranged.
SHARED LEARNING AND EXPERIENCES:
This service incorporates all arms of our services but in a group of 2-4 people as an average group. We pride ourselves on being specialised and family centred.
This service is about being out and about, keeping active, whilst building life skills in a group or individual setting.
Better2gether will support people to catch up with friends that they know. We will meet with the individual and their family to ensure that the activities are in line with the outcomes in the NDIS plan.
4. In Your Home
Better2gether are working with families to create a home for people to live an ordinary life in the community with people they know and choose to live within a shared home.
Three men have moved into a private rental property in Geelong North in a great community where staff have been employed to provide services to the three gentlemen.
FAMILY CENTRED PRACTICE
This service is provided to help you to understand your plan, work through how Better2gether can help or source alternative supports. We can help you to get the best out of your plan and using the most appropriate services and people available.
This could include:
1. Outcomes document to provide to your planner
2. Review your current needs, what has been learnt to assist in fire plan
3. We can call other providers and community networks to explore options
Consulting and mentoring can be provided to individuals and other businesses around person-centred practice fundamentals.